Wednesday 10 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week One- Day One- Activity One

Week One - Day One
For this Summer Learning Challenge I had to read a story called Maui and the
giant fish and collect three facts from the story. I also had to write down some
otherstories I had heard about Maui.

Activity 1 - The first settlers
I learnt that Maui's karakia helped the brothers and maui to catch more fish. The second fact is that the Maui wove a fishing line out of flax and used a jaw bone for a hook that had been given to him from his ancestor Murirangawhenua. They used the fishing line and jawbone to  pull the giant fish. Another fact that I learnt that Maui’s giant fish is known to be the north island and Maui’s canoe is known to be the south island. Some other stories that I have heard about Maui are how Maui found his mother, how Maui slowed the sun and of course Maui and the giant fish.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Caitlyn,

    My name is Emiely (pronounced "Emiely") and I am a blogger at the Summer Learning Journey who will be replying to your blog posts. It's exciting to see you have made an awesome start to your blogging this summer!

    I like how you have added lots of detail into your facts, especially in your second fact. Well done! I also like how you have used your own words to create this blog. This makes your learning more authentic and meaningful. Maybe next time you could think about adding some pictures to your blog post to make it more colourful and interesting.

    I also have heard of Maui and the Sun. I think he'd have to be a very strong person to be able to catch a fish that turned into the North Island and to be able to slow down the Sun! What kind of person do you think Maui is?

    You've made a great start to the Summer Learning Journey. Keep up the great blogging!

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emiely,
    Thankyou for commenting back on my blog. It is really cool to have someone comment on your blog and write what they enjoyed and what we could improve on. I think maui is a stong, helpful and caring person.

    From Caitlyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.